Split and Gallery Mestrovic tour
Start point: FLEXIBLE
- 4 hrs guided tour with official English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to the Gallery Mestrovic
- Round transfer to the gallery
|No of persons||2||3||4-6||7-8|
|Price per person||70 €||60 €||50 €||35 €|
Exclusions: Gratuities (optional)
For bigger group please contact us for an offer.
SEND US YOUR ENQUIRY
- Take a guided tour of Split and let the ancient history live up in front of you, as you walk through the streets of Palace and the main sites in the city;
- Visit the Gallery Mestrovic – a gallery of famous Croatian sculptor and architect, one of the greatest sculptors of the 20th century;
- Discover more about Ivan Mestrovic, who was the first living person to have a one man show at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
During the tour we walk throught central hall of the ancient cellars, stop by to see the Cathedral of St Domnius, one of the most beautiful cultural monuments on the Adriatic coast, impressive Peristyle in center of the palace, Roman temples (today Christian ones), the famous Golden Gate and the big statue of Gregory of Nin – Croatian bishop from the 10th cent.
Then our tour continues driving towards the Mestrovic Gallery. This is the gallery that holds pieces of one of the most famous Croatian sculptors whose art is recognized all over the world. Ivan Mestrovic Palace, now gallery, was built in Split between 1931 and 1939. Mestrovic himself made the original plans based on his own design.
Your tour guide will take you on a tour through the garden and the gallery where you will get familiar with the valuable and unique art of Ivan Mestrovic.
Full of impressions, your tour ends with a drive back to Split city center.
The walking tour of Diocletian’s palace is a ‘must do’ when in Split! Our guide was very informative and spoke excellent English. We loved the story of Ivan Mestrovic.
Joao – Portugal